Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 11:47
    Craig O'Mahony

e-Commerce solution advice needed

Hiya Folks,

I've got a general question about integrating an e-commerce solution into Umbraco and thought that the good people in this community may be able to help me out. 

What I'm looking for is an e-commerce 'package' that could do the following.....(plus all the 'normal' stuff that an e-commerce system does)

• Applies standard VAT rules eg. Printed books have no VAT but electronic copies do, etc.
    • Ability to have member and non member prices
    • Allow people to pay either via credit/debit card or via invoice
    • Allow voucher codes to apply to individual products (not just one that applies to an overall order)
    • Posting and packaging charges to differ depending on where I might be posting to.

.....and this is the biggie!

• Employers will be able to log onto the site and see a list of their employees and they want the ability to be able to select multiple employees and then order multiple products for them. Eg Employee A, B and D will get Product 1, 2 and 6. And then process this in a single shopping basket!!

Does anyone know of an off the shelf product that comes anywhere this list of requirements?? Or am I gonna have to write one!

Any assistance/advice would be amazing :)

Thanks,

Craig

• Søren Spelling Lund 1797 posts 2786 karma points
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 12:44
    Søren Spelling Lund

Hi Craig,

You're not going to find a platform that does the specifics out of the box exactly, but... :)

uCommerce does some of the stuff you need out of the box while other areas can be plugged into existing extension points. I'll run through them individually:

• Applies standard VAT rules eg. Printed books have no VAT but electronic copies do, etc.
    You can do this either
    A) With different price groups in uCommerce out of the box, or
    B) You can do an extension to our basket pipeline that removes tax on products, which should have it added. Basically add a field to your products indicating whether they are taxable. Based on that setting you remove the tax when items are added to the basket.
    • Ability to have member and non member prices
    You can do this either via uCommerce Marketing Foundation out of the box, or using multiple price lists with an extension to the price engine in uCommerce (very simple to do).
    • Allow people to pay either via credit/debit card or via invoice
    Out of the box with uCommerce Free.
    • Allow voucher codes to apply to individual products (not just one that applies to an overall order)
    Out of the box with uCommerce Pro.
    • Posting and packaging charges to differ depending on where I might be posting to.
    Needs a single custom shipping provider or multiple out of the box shipping providers configured and assigned to destination area.
    • Employers will be able to log onto the site and see a list of their employees and they want the ability to be able to select multiple employees and then order multiple products for them. Eg Employee A, B and D will get Product 1, 2 and 6. And then process this in a single shopping basket!!
    This is a standard uCommerce cart with multiple shipments assigned to it, one for each employee with their shipping address assigned and linked to relevant order lines. This works out of the box, but you'd have to do the UI for selecting customers and creating the shipments.
    You're more than welcome to shoot me a mail at ssl @ ucommerce . dk or give me a call on Skype at Soren.Spelling.Lund if you'd like to discuss the details.
    Hope this helps.
  • Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 13:20
    Craig O'Mahony

Hi Søren,

Thanks for your response, I'm just putting an email together for you outling a few things. Should get this off to you in just a little while :)

Thanks again,

Craig

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 09:25
    Richard Soeteman

@James, how would you integrate Magento into Umbraco?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 09:40
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Richard Blocked that person, was spamming other threads as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft