Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ladislav Kočiš 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 07, 2012 @ 10:27
    Ladislav Kočiš

Upload in image folder in media section does nothing

Hi,

I developed website using umbraco and locally everything worked. When I uploaded it to the hosting provider, everything seems to work, except upload new image in folder in media section is not working. It does nothing and no error is written in log. Also when I click on any folder in media section, nothing is shown, just busy indicator is shown indefinitely. Any idea what is wrong? I suspect that it has something to do with access rights, but I set it on full for media folder. 

• Ladislav Kočiš 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 07, 2012 @ 10:29
    Ladislav Kočiš

I forgot to mention, that I can still create new file on folder and than upload new image and save it successfully. Just uploading directly file on folder is not working.

• hr.moller 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 07, 2013 @ 00:27
    hr.moller

Hi Ladislav

Did you ever find out what caused this error? and a solution? I have same issue: Upload files to folder not working, but creating file and then upload file works. My setup is root-website is NOT my umbraco - the umbraco site runs one level down from root as webapplication. C:\wwwroot (default web site, not umbraco: www.mysite.com) C:\wwwroot\umbracosite (webapplication: www.mysite.com/umbracosite)

What I can see in Fiddler is when clicking the upload button (after select of n files to upload) the call goes out to wrong URL. It has lost the "umbracosite" part... so it's calling /umbraco/webservices/ instead of /umbracosite/umbraco/webservices/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft