Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ilya 18 posts 53 karma points
    Dec 27, 2012 @ 13:31
    Ilya

The best way to create a catalog in Umbraco (tickets catalog, for example)

<!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; direction: ltr; color: #000000; widows: 2; orphans: 2 } -->

Hi!

I’m discovering Umbraco to myself, so would be glad for an advice from more experienced Umracians.

I need 2 similar catalogs on my site: one for tickets, one for apartments. By “catalog” I mean some solution for site visitors to:

1. Add new item (ticket, for example) by filling in some form (including photos adding). There could be hundreds or couple of thousands of items.

2. Look through existing items (by direct link to each of them, or some common link like …/tickets.aspx?ticked=111)…

3. and search them via xslt or something else

My questions are:

1. What is the best common way to do this in umbraco?

2. Should I better use any existing packages (and if so – which ones)?

Seems like this is a very usual task, so hope someone will give and advice. Examples, code and guides would also be a great help.

Thanks!

• Jeremy Pyne 106 posts 246 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 27, 2012 @ 21:17
    Jeremy Pyne

Not sure if there are any prebuild systems that will do this.  As for doing it yourself there are a few options.

• You can include macros on your pages that run .NET code/do whatever you want(Razor, or you can use the older xslt system).
    • You can load the data for this setup either from custom tables or load them into umbraco as nodes/property data directly.
  • Ilya 18 posts 53 karma points
    Dec 29, 2012 @ 19:12
    Ilya

Thanks for you reply, Jeremy.

I decided to create nodes programmatically from the page. Hope that'll do for me) 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft