Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gaitano Boeraeve 17 posts 56 karma points
    Jan 03, 2013 @ 13:29
    Gaitano Boeraeve

FileNotFoundException for App_Data\Preview config file when logged in Back-end

Strange error today.

We're doing the yearly support for one of our customers in an Umbraco 4.6.1
    When accessing the website on our dev-environment in Chrome (23.0.1271.97m) without logging in to our back-end, the website perfectly works.

However, when I log into the Umbraco backoffice and watch the site again, I'm encountering some issues with a config file in the App_Data\Preview folder (screen: http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8646/appdataconfigerror.png).
    When running in incognito modus or an other browser, no errors occurs.
    Every time I log out and revisit my website everything works again and vice versa.

At the computer of one of my colleagues (A), the same situation occurs, while on the computer of a second colleague (B) everything just works. Chrome versions are the same. The only difference in the error at my laptop and that of my colleague is the generated guid of the config file.

At first our thoughts went to sessions of different umbracos we've worked on. Colleague A and I are working on the same projects (e.g. a new 4.11.1) while colleague B didn't.

Someone who can give any kind of explanation to this error?

• Nick Hack 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 22, 2013 @ 03:09
    Nick Hack

I've had the same issue. Site works fine in all browsers, except when logged in. Umbraco 4.7.0.

Did you find a solution or does anyone have any further information on this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft