Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Taylor 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:55
    Mark Taylor

Can't sort Categories in Settings

Hi, I have created a new Category and it appears at the bottom of the category list. I'd like to move it up next to similar categories, but everytime I chose "Sort Children" and move it, whenever I click Save, it just sits there saying "Please wait..", and never finishes it. I notice that I don't even have to move anything, just click save and it just sits there with the yellow "Please wait.." window. It appears that it just cannot save. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 05, 2013 @ 12:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Have you tried running the browsers console log to see if something is written to it when you're trying to do the above thing?

Are there any other things that don't work as expected in the backoffice? I've seen something like this before where it had to do with permissions not being set properly.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Jan 05, 2013 @ 14:21
    Mark Taylor

Hi Jan,

I have tried looking at the Firebug console log but I can't see anything that sticks out (although I'm not really an expert at understanding the log output).

It does sound like a permissions thing so I'll have a word with the site developers and see if they can look into the permissions.

Any other ideas would be welcomed though as this will have a cost for their time.

Thanks

Mark

Jan 05, 2013 @ 14:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

What version of Umbraco do you see this in? And what browser are you using? Is the behaviour the same in every browser?

In the console log you should look for any 404 or 500 error messages that may appear for instance.

/Jan

Jan 06, 2013 @ 12:16
    Mark Taylor

Hi Jan,

This behaviour is the same in IE9, Chrome and Firefox and I've tried it on two different computers.

I've  had a look for 404 and 500 errors but can't see anything. I get some warnings about a whole load of "undefined property"s and "undeclared variable"s but I really can't decipher the expanded messages.

I am using umbraco v 4.7.1.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4393.24044) if that helps at all.

I think I'm just going to have to live with it for now.

Thanks for trying though.

Mark

Jan 06, 2013 @ 12:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Could you try posting a screendump of the browser console showing those messages?

Still think it's a permission issue though but would like to see the messages.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft