Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • John Perryn 70 posts 181 karma points
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 07:27
    John Perryn
    0

    Media - linking gives [object Object]

    When an editor tries to set a link to a media document they get [object Object] when opening the media tree?

    When I tried to edit their setup as administrator and reset the Start Node in Media Library  I got System Data: umbraco master root

  • Jan Skovgaard 11241 posts 23387 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2013 @ 00:17
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi John

    What version of Umbraco are you experiencing this on?

    And is the "object object" something you see when inserting/picking an image in the rich text editor?

    /Jan

  • John Perryn 70 posts 181 karma points
    Jan 20, 2013 @ 01:37
    John Perryn
    0

    Hi Jan. Sorry that I omitted some basic details - had trouble getting the image into my initial post.

    The site is built under umbraco V4.9.0.

    The error occurs when an exitsing editor user:

    1. opens a content page
    2. selects some text in a rich text box
    3. clicks the LINK button
    4. opens the MEDIA tab and then
    5. attempts to open a media folder

    The only text in the "Insert/Edit link" popup is [object Object]. There are no corresponding entries in the umbraco log file.

    When I do this (as user=0 admin) it works correctly and inserts the link. So I changed my editor user to be an administrator - this did not correct the problem. So I created a new login for my editor and it works OK. I still however get System Data: umbraco master root  when attempting to set the Start Node in Media Library to the media folder for any user.

    Thanks

    John P

  • John Perryn 70 posts 181 karma points
    Jan 20, 2013 @ 14:02
    John Perryn
    0

    Oh the new login that worked OK for me at inception did not later work for my editor... same error. We are both using Firefox V18.0.1.

  • Adrian Holland 29 posts 106 karma points
    May 22, 2013 @ 03:44
    Adrian Holland
    0

    I have the same issue occurring on a couple of sites I'm working on. 

    One is pretty close to out of the box 4.11.1, the other is heavily customised visual studio project web applcation Umbraco ver 4.11.8. Both sites do have the uComponents and DAMP 2.0 packages installed... 

    Both Internet Explorer (9) and Firefox generate the [object Object] error message that John is seeing. Safari and Chrome have no errors and work just fine.

    I've raised a bug for this here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2254

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft