Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• NU_Craig 11 posts 55 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 19:10
    NU_Craig

YSOD on publish 4.9.1

Getting almost the same exact error as referenced here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1491 except the strange part is my site is on 4.9.1 which is not said to be one of the affected versions in this bug. It's only happening on some content types, not all of them (which is even weirder). Essentially, I created a new content type this morning (importing its structure from a different, 4.11.1 website) and this particular content type and its children are unpublishable, here's the full stackrace:

What's also odd is, the nodes appear published after the error anyway, except for the fact that the URL is broken:

Not sure if it makes a difference, but we're running this as a multi-site with two other websites also under the root node of content. I can upgrade to the latest version where this is fixed as a last resort, but I'd need to know whether or not the provided upgrade script to fix that previously mentioned issue will work for me since I am coming from 4.9.1 which is not supposed to be affected in the first place.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 19:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig and welcome to our :)

Maybe it's related...maybe it's not. It's a bit hard to tell.

One thing that springs to my eyes is the # in the "link to document" - this is usually caused by Umbraco receiving a illegal character in the alias of the document types...so I would check to see if one one or more of the aliases contain a weird character.

When that has been checked I would encourage you to upgrade both installations to 4.11.4 and run the fix path script. Remember to do DB backups first.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 01, 2013 @ 19:42
    NU_Craig

Thanks for the super fast reply. The alias is as simple as can be: "timeline" so, I think I'll just make a backup and upgrade. :)

Feb 01, 2013 @ 20:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

Let us know how it goes with upgrading and if it fixes the issue. Godspeed :)

/Jan

Feb 06, 2013 @ 14:54
    NU_Craig

Upgraded to 4.11.4 this morning successfully and the bug has been resolved. Thanks!

Feb 06, 2013 @ 19:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

That's really good to hear - remember to mark the post as solved so others can go straight to the solution should they come across the same issue.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft