Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eyal Lavi 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 03, 2013 @ 23:43
    Eyal Lavi

Best practice for serving content from database

Hello,

I am looking into Umbracco for a publisher with 25 years' worth of articles that need to be imported, with new content added frequently. I am aware of discussions here around scalability, and also of packages that import existing content into Umbraco. My questions are these:

1. The Umbraco book mentions a limit of 300,000 nodes for the content XML (v4). Is this still the case? Does this include all XML nodes? I.e, if  each article has 10 pieces of data, does it count as 1 node or 11? I read that Umbraco can slow down and that there are caching issues with frequently updated data

2. I have read that some large websites integrate their own content DB or webservice into Umbraco, but have not seen details (the presentation about Conde Nast did not go into programming details). How is this achieved in practice while still giving editors access to modify articles (change text, attach files, add links, change other arbitrary properties) from the Umbraco back end? How are textual searches and tagging implemented in this case? Any experiences of this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft