Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Antoine Bergeron 13 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 05, 2013 @ 20:18
    Antoine Bergeron

Styles' dropdown and Stylesheet tree not working after upgrading to 4.11.4

Hi,

This morning, I upgraded from to 4.11.4. Since then, the Styles' dropdown for theRichtext Editor stopped working, as well as the Stylesheet tree in the Setting section, which no longer list the various files it should contain. When I click on the small arrow to open the folder, the small wait icon appear and disapear quicly, and nothing else happen.

Anybody got an idea what might be wrong?

Antoine

Umbraco 4.11.4
    Dot.Net 4.0
    IIS7
    Upgraded from 4.11.3 to 4.11.4

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 05, 2013 @ 21:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Antoine

What version of Umbraco did you upgrade from? And how did you do the upgrade?

Do you see any errors in the console log of your browser?

/Jan

Feb 05, 2013 @ 21:58
    Antoine Bergeron

Hi Jan,

I only upgraded from 4.11.3.  However, this site was first installed on 4.5 if I remember correctly, and have been update to the most recent builds last month.

I upgraded manually, overwritting the 4 standard folders, comparing the config, and finishing the update with the wizard on the site.

The following error keeps repeating in the logs since the update was made. I don't see anything else pointing to an error during the update itself though.

Error adding stylesheet to tinymce (id: 1364). System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration)

Feb 05, 2013 @ 22:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Ok, and I suppose you have added the new stuff to the web.config as well?

Did you also run the "fix paths" script? If not I recommend doing so, however this probably won't fix the above issue.

And you're positive that you got all the needed files copied over when doing the upgrade? If you unzipped using the built in unzip tool in Windows did you then remember to unblock the zip file? Otherwise this could mean that some files are missing and that could perhaps be the issue...

Have you also double checked your permission settings to make sure they're intact? And did you also increment the version number in the clientdependency.config file?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Feb 06, 2013 @ 04:08
    Antoine Bergeron

I did compare the web.config, but there wasn't any major difference.

For the zip, I used Winrar to extract it, which has worked fine for the 3 previous updates. I just compared again, and all the files are there.

I just double checked permissions, and everything seems fine too. I did increment the clientdependency file.

I did not run the Fix Path script. I missed that somehow. Looking back at the Codeplex page, I'm not too sure where to find that. Any hint ?

Antoine

Feb 06, 2013 @ 08:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Antoine

You can get it here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/path-fixup

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft