Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Cannehag 23 posts 54 karma points
    Feb 05, 2013 @ 22:58
    Jonas Cannehag

Publising was cancelled by a 3rd party add-in

Hi, recently installed Umbraco 6 (v6.0.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4779.24222))

Have created a couple of templates and doctypes to create my pages and everything works as expected until now. I seem to have created some kind of documenttype (that is used as master for other documenttypes) and when i use that to add a new page to my rootnode I get "Publising was cancelled by a 3rd party add-in" when i try to publish it.

I have not installed any other packages except for the StarterKit. I have checked in the umbracoLog table and that says nothing else than "Save Content performed by user"

Is there any other way to figure out why this occurs? Creating and publishing with the other documenttypes work, and they have almost the same config except for some more properties.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 00:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonas

Seems like it's a bug - go and vote it up here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1648

/Jan

• Jonas Cannehag 23 posts 54 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 10:39
    Jonas Cannehag

Yeah I got that issue link from Morten Christensen on Twitter last night and that is the case. I will upvote! :) Thanks

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 12:31
    Morten Christensen

The issue has been fixed and a nightly build has been pushed as well, so you can use the following build to update your solution to correct the issue:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%206.0.1/UmbracoCms.6.0.1-build.7.zip

- Morten

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 03:06
    Pinal Bhatt

Me too seeing similar error. Will we have to wait for 6.0.1 release for this fix?

I think this is a showstopper. Should have hotfix to solve this.

Feb 08, 2013 @ 09:28
    Morten Christensen

Hi Pinal,

I thought it was clear from my last comment (or maybe the comment on the issue thats linked above), but I'll try to explain it a little better:

Yes, this is a showstopper bug if you are using both doc type inheritance and mandatory properties, which is why we were quick to fix this issue and provide a hotfix in the form of a stable nightly build. The nightly build can be downloaded here: http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%206.0.1/UmbracoCms.6.0.1-build.7.zip and you just need to overwrite the assemblies in your bin folder with the ones from the zip-file.

The 6.0.1 patch release is due out March 1st, but the nightly builds for 6.0.1 are stable, so its perfectly safe to use these to fix certain issues that needs fixing before March 1st.

Hope this helps

- Morten

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 15:03
    Pinal Bhatt

Thanks Morten. Will try out the solution.

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Mar 04, 2013 @ 21:51
    Craig Cronin

Hi,

I have started a couple of version 6.* sites over the past 2 weeks.  This fixed my issue my version 6.0.0 site but I'm having the same problem with a version 6.0.2 site.  I tried copying the 6.0.1 files over but this didnt work either.

I've done loads of work on this site and struggling to find anything?

Mar 04, 2013 @ 22:09
    Craig Cronin

This is so annoying.  I have the latest dll's, but there is nothing in my log to help..aaarrrghhh.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 10, 2013 @ 17:48
    Morten Christensen

Hi Craig,

Sorry for the late reply.
    The issue you are seeing might be related to this: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1860

If you use mandatory or the regex validation on any of your doc types I would suggest you try out the nightly build of 6.0.3 as mentioned in the issue above.

If you have any further issues please let us know.

- Morten

Mar 10, 2013 @ 22:03
    Craig Cronin

This is why i love the umbraco community so much :)

Really appreciate you getting back to me with the information.  Thanks Morten 

Craig

• Steven 33 posts 166 karma points
    Apr 22, 2013 @ 16:01
    Steven

Hi folks,

I am wondering whether this issue is now completely fixed ?  I saw it was supposenly at version 6.0.2 but I just upgraded my existing 4.X site towards 6.0.3 and created a new document type ( inherited from another and with mandatory properties )  ...

When I try to publish the new content I am getting the same error ...

2013-04-22 15:54:34,655 [8] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService - [Thread 14] Content 'CV' with Id '1300' could not be published because of invalid properties.

*Edited 

Just noticed now that I get this error on ALL my nodes ... so the whole site cannot be published anymore ... all my nodes inherit from the same root node so I assume the issue is situated with that node ...

**Edited

Ok found the issue ... one of my properties has mistakenly the description put as validation value ... removed that and it works now .. sorry for the unnecessary crisis :P

Thanks,

Steven

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft