Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 17:36
    Damiaan

umbracoDebugMode not responding in v6 mvc

Hi

I just downloaded the brand new v6.  And activated the much anticipated MVC templating.

I got an error in some of my macro's, and wanted to debug.  Unfortunately, the umbDebugShowTrace=true was not responding anything.  Of cource I forgot to activate umbracoDebugMode=true in my web.config.  But after that, still no traces.  Also setting <compilation debug="true"> and  <trace enabled="true"> in the web.config is not returning my beloved traces.

I just retried in a plain new v6 install.  umbDebugShowTrace is working well until you switch to MVC and recreate your templates.

Anyone any idea how we can solve this?

Kind regards
    Damiaan

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 15:21
    James Drever

Damiaan, just hit this one too - the trace is getting put in App_Data/logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt - but I'd much rather it also appeared after the page output. James.

Mar 13, 2013 @ 15:21
    James Drever

Damiaan, just hit this one too - the trace is getting put in App_Data/logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt - but I'd much rather it also appeared after the page output. James.

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 14:57
    Damiaan

I have the idea that not every exception from macro's who are not rendering is in these files. 

Mar 20, 2013 @ 16:49
    James Drever

Just for info: apparently, this won't be implemented - 

"Unfortunately umbDebugShowTrace relies on ASP.NET trace output, which works in WebForms but is not supported in MVC... so it's not Umbraco-related, but a limitation of ASP.NET which we cannot change.

I know some people are working on integrating Glimpse or SignalR or whatever other solution to provide an alternative, but have no details.

Suggesting we close the issue as: won't fix."

See http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1917#comment=67-6414

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft