Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian 32 posts 82 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 17:51
    Ian

The given path's format is not supported.

I got this exception when trying to create a new template and now the list of templates in the view won't load. The call back is giving the same exception. Any ideas? V 4.7.0

I got this exception when trying to create a new template and now the list of templates in the view won't load. The call back is giving the same exception. Any ideas? V 4.7.0

Stack Trace: 

[NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.]

System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath) +12657336

System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath) +165

System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList) +112

System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList) +38

System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String path) +92

System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(VirtualPath virtualPath) +133

umbraco.IO.IOHelper.MapPath(String path, Boolean useHttpContext) +266

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.getMasterPageContent() +119

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupNode() +398

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList() +299

umbraco.loadTemplates.RenderTemplates(XmlTree& tree) +166

umbraco.loadTemplates.Render(XmlTree& tree) +260

umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.LoadTree(TreeRequestParams treeParams) +258

umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +290

umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +130

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +625

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Feb 06, 2013 @ 18:33
    Ian

This answers the problem... http://our.umbraco.org/forum/templating/templates-and-document-types/4393-All-of-my-templates-disappeared

Trouble is that before I read this I deleted the offending template from the database. What is trying to reference it? Because now I'm getting this error when trying to list the nodes...

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.getMasterPageContent() +73

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupNode() +397

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList() +298

umbraco.loadTemplates.RenderTemplates(XmlTree& tree) +165

umbraco.loadTemplates.Render(XmlTree& tree) +259

umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.LoadTree(TreeRequestParams treeParams) +257

umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +289

umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +129

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +624

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +269

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 18:42
    Tom Fulton

Hi Ian,

Check out this thread - I'm guessing a template was created with a bad character like a colon.  You might need to fix this in the database, see Thomas' post there for instructions.  Make sure to take a backup first :)

-Tom

Feb 06, 2013 @ 18:48
    Ian

Referenced in 'umbracoNode'. Wow... thought it was going to be a long night.

• sagar 13 posts 33 karma points
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 12:58
    sagar

i also get the same problem i cant see the template in the listing but i can see in the masterpages folder

error is 

Server Error in '/' Application.

The given path's format is not supported.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.]
       System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath) +9363820
       System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath) +254
       System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList) +85
       System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String path) +63
       System.Web.InternalSecurityPermissions.PathDiscovery(String path) +29
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(VirtualPath virtualPath) +64
       umbraco.IO.IOHelper.MapPath(String path, Boolean useHttpContext) +122
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.get_MasterPageFile() +70
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.getMasterPageContent() +14
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupNode() +199
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Guid uniqueID) +175
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList() +215
       umbraco.settings.EditContentTypeNew.bindTemplates() +20
       umbraco.settings.EditContentTypeNew.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +161
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    if anyone know how to resolve it then please tell me
    thnks in advance but plz reply me asap
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft