Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 49 posts 130 karma points
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 05:42
    Mark

v6 upgrade issue: code completion

code completion for Partial, GetPropertyValue and a bunch of other methods seems broken (editing razor views in Visual Studio), runs fine though.

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 06:26
    gary

HI Mark

Logged this error for the partial in the bug section a couple of weeks ago and received no reply so thought it was maybe just my box, but can you check something just to see if it is the same with you?

When an exception is thrown, the highlighted line has no relation to the error, the image below demonstrates, but just so everyone knows, I broke it to demonstrate the error in an obvious way, ie the error is thrown on the image property not the highlighted one. Had this happening yesterday and it seemed random, whatever it was it confused the life out of a not very smart person.

Cheers G

Feb 17, 2013 @ 20:47
    Mark

Hm, my issue seems more of a general problem with the standard core code references - have checked the web.config assembly references and they are as per latest config, but for some reason aren't picking up code completion properly - but will run fine.

So for example in following image of the visual studio editor you can see the extension methods aren't being picked up, but the front end is running and displaying everthing fine.

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 12:45
    gary

Hi Mark

Yes, can confirm the above too, but my thoughts are that this is more VS than Umbraco. I'm running 2012 Ultimate and am receiving updates almost daily especially in the area of Web Essentials, I am getting some real odd error messages, but as you say it runs fine.

That said, it didn't occur in the V6 RC, but does in the release, odd one, but will continue to monitor it for now.

Regards G

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 12:50
    Jeroen Breuer

In v6 some extension methods moved to a different namespace. If you want to use the GetPropertyValue<> extension method you need to add the Umbraco.Web namespace instead of Umbraco.Core.

Jeroen

Feb 18, 2013 @ 22:31
    Mark

Thought it would be something pretty much exactly like that. Cheers.

Btw adding the the namespace to the web.config razor section doesn't appear to work for some reason, however using the following at top of the views works fine (Core needed for access to methods like HasValue).

@using Umbraco.Core
    @using Umbraco.Web
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft