Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niclas Lindqvist 48 posts 127 karma points
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 17:43
    Niclas Lindqvist

Broke my DB while dribbling with document types - Umbraco 6.0.0

I've been setting up a site on Umbraco 6.0.0 today

It's been really rocking and going along nicely, until I somehow created a datatype and referenced it in my content, but the created node just disappeared from my content tree! And this was when I had already created a subnode to this node.

I tried to create it again with no luck.. A few times actually..

Since then, my nodes keep being unpublished in the content tree, and the site is very.. Unstable..

I tried to delete the document type, but that won't work since it's being used I suppose (by the not showing nodes)

Now I can't really do anything with my site, since I can't remove the nodes from my tree (not even the showing parent)

What do I do to fix it?

One of the content types i want to delete.

The result of deleting it..

The weird unpublished content tree

Trying to remove it (the showing node with unseen children)

Doesn't work

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 19:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Niclas

That unfortunately seems like a nasty bug - could you please submit it as a ticket in the issue tracker? issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4 - This way it will get the attention of the core developers.

/Jan

Feb 20, 2013 @ 09:25
    Niclas Lindqvist

Hi Jan, thanks for your reply!

Submitted an issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1745

But do you know how I can clean my Db to get it working again, I have to remove all reference to these document types, which includes all nodes using them, which seem to include all xmlpreview things, and on and on.. Where do I start deleting? Anyone?

Thanks!

Feb 20, 2013 @ 10:15
    Niclas Lindqvist

I looked around down the database PK constraints, and got all the way to cmspreviewxml having a dependancy on the contentid from the cmscontent. But I can't remove those since it's somehow a Read Only table.. What do I do?

EDIT:

The table is read only in MySql Workbench because it has no primary key or otherwise unique non nullable columns defined..

Feb 20, 2013 @ 11:15
    Niclas Lindqvist

Bah.. I managed to get all references to the broken data types away.. NOTE TO EVERYONE, you can write delete queries to MySQL even though you cannot edit the rows using the MySQL Workbench GUI.

Now.. The question is.. Do I dare give it another try?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft