Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike 62 posts 274 karma points
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 14:58
    Mike

XSLT errors occassionally at front-end which requires site republish to fix

Hello everyone,

I have an Umbraco site (v4.7.1.1) on Win 2008 R2 Standard which uses MySQL (the db is hosted on a separate server).

Every now and again the website front-end displays XSLT errors when it tries to render any of the macros. As such, things like the menus and anything macro based just drop. When I log into the back-end and do a Save and Publish on the homepage everything springs back to life.

I've not done a stack trace on the error whilst its happened (too focused on bringing the site back online quickly) but the error log shows "couldn't find any page with nodeID = etc" until the publish happens.

This has happened a couple of times recently over the past week or so.

I also experienced a timeout on this website yesterday where the front-end and back-office wouldn't respond. I had to touch the web.config file to bring the site back online.

This site is running on a new VPS which currently only has 5 other sites on it (all other sites run v4.11). I can't imagine it is a resourcing issue as none of the sites have heavy traffic and all sites load and respond quickly. All 5 sites do currently share the same app pool - which I'm thinking of separating in case this could be the cause of the timeout issue. This one site is the only one showing issues - the four others are fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions particularly regarding the XSLT/republishing issue?

Many thanks,

Mike

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft