Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Natasha 79 posts 195 karma points
    Apr 17, 2013 @ 18:16
    Natasha

Third level pages not publishing

HI Guys

I have spent all day on this issue.  I have upgraded a site from 4.11 to umbraco 6.0.3 all was working fine until this morning when we tried to publishih some third lrvrl child pages and got the message "Publishing failed because the parent page isn't published"  The parent pages are published.  I tried to follow another thred which said to update dll files but that just threw and error and I had to do the upgrade again to get it working again.  Any suggestions - anyone having the same problem?

help much appreciated

yours pulling my hair out

Natasha

• Elmar Kaiser 7 posts 47 karma points
    Apr 18, 2013 @ 07:21
    Elmar Kaiser

Hi Natasha,

i asume this was the first publish after the update from 4.11 to 6.0.3. Have you tried to unpublish the whole parents and publish them again? This would, of course set this part of the website down for a moment. Is there a possibility to set up a test system, or do you have a devel system at hand to test it?

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2013 @ 09:15
    David Brendel

Hey,

i would also try to republish the parents. Maybe there is something wrong with the xml cache.

Have you tried to republish parents? Is this problem only on third level nodes?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 20, 2013 @ 00:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Natasha

What exact version of 4.11 did you upgrade from? Was it a version before 4.11.4? If so it might be neccesary to install the "fix path" package and run it.

Looking forward to hear more from you.

/Jan

• Natasha 79 posts 195 karma points
    Apr 22, 2013 @ 13:56
    Natasha

Hi All

Thanks for your responses.  I have tried republishing the whole site and publishing the parent nodes, but get the same issue.  I have tried to install pathfix but get a can't find server error when doing it through the repositary and when  installed as a local file I don't see the dashboard to run the script - or am I missing something obvious.  As a temporary fix I have deleted the most urgent pages and re-created them - the new pages work fine, but I don't really want to fdo that for the whole site if I can help it.

Best wishes

Natasha

• Elmar Kaiser 7 posts 47 karma points
    Apr 23, 2013 @ 21:33
    Elmar Kaiser

Hi Natasha,

surely, you don't have to re-create every page. We have to find out what's happend ans how we can get around this problem. Maybe there could be a damage on the database. So, do you have access to the database and can have a look at the tables ? This would be good?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 23, 2013 @ 21:42
    Jan Skovgaard

@Natasha

Could you please let us know what exact version of 4.11 you're running? It makes a difference WHEN you try to run the fix path script. If it's on 4.11.3 or below it won't work. You have to be at least v 4.11.4.

After you install the package from local you may need to touch the web.config or recycle the app pool for the dashboard to appear in the developer section. It will appear as a pane when you click on the "developer" folder icon in the developer section.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft