Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zoki 27 posts 103 karma points
    Apr 22, 2013 @ 16:17
    Zoki

First publish on very large site goes to timeout

Hello everyone,

maybe someone has an idea, I have a site with 10k nodes, umbraco.config is less than 4mb (most of those 10k nodes are 2 textstrings), so site is really responsive and fast on the front end.

But, problems are in backend, it's quite normal to expect that tree is opening slower where I have many nodes (max 1000 per node), but real issue is when I try to publish, site usually goes to timeout (YSOD).

Now, weird thing here is that after error appears, you can just try to republish again and problem is solved, page gets instantly published, so does any other node I try to publish, so this only appears on first publish after a longer time.

Current "fix" is instead of allowing long request time in web.config for timeout, I've set it to 10 seconds, so every time someone publishes for the first time they can expect error to appear, and after that, they can work on smoothly.

Any ideas?

Btw, Im using 6.0.3

• Zoki 27 posts 103 karma points
    Apr 22, 2013 @ 21:57
    Zoki

After looking at log, with every timeout I was getting sitemapProvider errors. As I'm not using sitemap provider, removing this lines from web.config:

<!-- Sitemap provider-->
        <siteMap defaultProvider="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider" defaultDescriptionAlias="description" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
          </providers>
        </siteMap>

Resolved my problem, now nodes are published fast as expected.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft