Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Blake Watt (Clerke) 106 posts 351 karma points MVP
    May 01, 2013 @ 23:44
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

v4.11.8 media section folder stuck loading thumbnails

I just upgraded to 4.11.8 today and i've got some images in a folder in the media section. When i click on the folder the thumbnails never load though just the spinning wheel that keeps on going. Anyone else have this issue?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 01, 2013 @ 23:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Blake

Could you please provide some more information about your upgrade proces? From what version did you upgrade and how did you do it?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 01, 2013 @ 23:50
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Hey Jan - i upgraded manually from 4.11.1. It was a blank install though, our IT team installed that version and I went in and copied over the new bin, install, umbraco, and umbraco_client folders then the web.config. Nothing was on the site at all - I attempted to run the path fixup package but it just sits on "fixing" and never does anything. I don't think anything would've been corrupted already though from that because there was nothing on the site.

Thanks!

May 01, 2013 @ 23:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Blake

Ok, make sure to check if new config files have been added to the config folder. And also make sure to merge the config files in your installation with those from the upgrade to make sure that new changes are being added the correct places. The most important to check is usually umbracoSettings.config but all files should be merged to make sure the issue is not in here.

A few other things to check are permissions on the network service and iusr roles - perhaps even resetting them would be worth the try.

Finally you should also try and increment the version number in the /config/ClientDependency.config file to clear the ClientDependency cache to see if that is the issue. Also try to delete the files in /app_data/TEMP/ClientDependency.

If this does not help then try to see if you get any errors in the browser console and in the umbracoLog table.

Hope these pointers help.

/Jan

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 02, 2013 @ 00:07
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi Blake

I have just upgraded an Umbraco installation from v. 4.11.4 to 4.11.8 ... and it seems to load the thumbnails in media section..
    I followed the general upgrade guide and there were some changes in the config files that I merged with the existing config files.. and as Jan mentions I also increased the version number in /config/ClientDependency.config file.

/Bjarne

May 02, 2013 @ 14:39
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Thanks you guys! I will give this a shot and see what happens :)

May 09, 2013 @ 23:06
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

So I tried out the suggestions and I didnt have much luck. I increased the version number in the client dependency file and refreshed the site, I deleted the files in the temp client dependency folder, I also merged all the config files from the 4.11.8 core files. I did try the console errors and it looks like it's not finding the DependencyHandler.axd script. Any ideas how to fix this? OH as far as permissions - we have a lot of client umbraco sites that have no problem with permissions on this server - its our development area so I think it's safe to say that I have permissions. Thank you!

May 10, 2013 @ 14:54
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

AND after talking to the IT team, it turns out that this one site was on our old server with IIS6. We moved it to the new server with IIS7 and all seems to be working just fine now! Thank you guys for your help! I really appreciate it!

May 10, 2013 @ 15:10
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi Blake

I'm glad you solved the problem.. I'm not aware if it's a problem with IIS6 .. the Umbraco installations I have upgraded to v. 4.11.8 is on a server with IIS7 and also locally it's IIS7 with Webmatrix where it seems to work fine..

/Bjarne

May 10, 2013 @ 15:17
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Yea I'm not extremly familiar with the back end things, I did ask about permissions and they said they were the same on both servers. Would you happen to know if 4.11.8 works with IIS6? Or if there is a way to modify the config to make it work with it? Thanks :)

May 10, 2013 @ 15:28
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

I haven't tried v. 4.11.8 with IIS6 .. the servers I have websites running with v. 4.11.8 is using IIS7 .. and locally I'm usually running Umbraco installation through newest version of Webmatrix which also is using IIS7 .. perhaps Jan has experience with it? :)

/Bjarne

May 10, 2013 @ 15:29
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Okay Thank you for your input though - its helpful for sure!

May 10, 2013 @ 17:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Guys

I think 4.11.8 should be able to run using IIS6...however I still suspect it's a permission issue on the old server, which is probably also running an older version of the server software where you need to provide the proper permissions for the ASPNET user if I remember correctly.

But sounds like you got the issue solved by upgrading/moving to a new server with IIS7, right? (I suppose the software is also newer on that server in general).

/Jan

May 10, 2013 @ 20:34
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Your guess is better than mine. I'm sure its totally possible. I'm glad its working on our new server now though. Thanks for all the help!

May 13, 2013 @ 22:18
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Turns out the specific site needs to be on our older server because the client has an older server with IIS6 installed. IT moved the site back to the original server and now the pictures don't load again. They are looking into the permissions though and hopefully they find something different and this is an easy fix. Thanks you guys!

May 14, 2013 @ 16:56
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Alright we got it fixed! Our IT guy was able to fix the issue on IIS 6 by reregistering ASP.NET 4.0 with IIS. CMD = Aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Hopefully if anyone else runs into that problem in the future this will help them too!

Thanks!

May 16, 2013 @ 20:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Blake

Sorry for the late reply - But good to see you guys managed to figure it out. Thank you very much for the reminder and sharing the solution so others can benefit.

Registration ASP.NET with IIS is sometimes such a pain! :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft