Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Siebeneck 26 posts 46 karma points
    May 03, 2013 @ 22:35
    Eric Siebeneck

Hosting Companies - Who do you use?

We're looking for a new hosting provider for Umbraco websites. The current hosting company's tech support has been poor recently. They read only half of the submitted issue and offer little to no assistance in resolving technical problems. 

Please note that our clients generally prefer inexpensive shared hosting accounts, and are used to paying around $10-$15/month.

• Michael Westgate 11 posts 31 karma points
    May 07, 2013 @ 10:25
    Michael Westgate

I use softsyshosting as I found them to meet my requirement: inexpensive. I have a $25 per month Windows Hyper-V VPS that allows me to hold unlimited Umbraco sites - the limiting factors would be hard disk space and RAM. I've not used cheaper packages and would advise staying away from cheaper such as shared hosting - as you will more than likely run into issues and at $10 - $15 per month you would be expected to resolve all issues yourself! (just my 2 cents)

I've never had an issue with softsyshosting and any queries I have had have been answered and resolved quickly. Although they have been in relation to billing and SQL server DB set up, not anything .NET and Umbraco related.

I would recommend getting in contact with ANY host before you go with them to see how knowledgeable they are - especially in the .NET domain.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft