Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MikeD 92 posts 112 karma points
    May 06, 2013 @ 18:31
    MikeD

CSHTML files rendering html in Umbraco back end

I recently deployed a site running 6.0.3.  When I click on a cshtml node in backoffice, I get his home page, rendered.  I have a second site doing the same exact thing.  It is the strangest thing.  I cannot edit any cshtml files in the Umbraco back office.  

Any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 06, 2013 @ 22:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

This is most likely a permission issue. Have you double checked that permissions for the network service and iusr has been set correctly? You can also just add the iis_iusrs group since both the mentions users are a part of this group.

On another note I will recommend that you edit your files outside of Umbraco using a proper editor like Sublime text or visual studio.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 06, 2013 @ 23:03
    MikeD

I don't think that is it.  I create a unique user for each website on my server, and that user has full permissions on the entire doc root.  That user is also who the app pool runs as.  I have been deploying Umbraco since thusly since 4.0.1 and have never had an issue before.  It must be something else.

And yes, I agree on the external editor thing... I use Dreamweaver for now (I use a Mac).  It's just friggin weird and my clients want to be able to see the coding.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2013 @ 10:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

Sometimes it's worth to check even though one does not think that it's it - I've seen a lot of weird stuff in the years I've been in this business. So I think it's worthwhile double checking it.

It could also be a bug in Umbraco - and since you're running 6.0.3, which is vulnerable due to some newly found security issues I will urge you to upgrade to 6.0.5 where the issues have been fixed so you have a secure site. You can read more about the issues here http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/5/1/security-update-two-major-vulnerabilities-found.aspx

Perhaps this upgrade could also fix the issue you're dealing with right now.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 09, 2013 @ 13:29
    MikeD

As I stated, I create a unique user for each site I deploy.  I have verified that this user has full access to every single file in the document root.  Unless something has changed and I actually need to add the generic accounts to the permissions, it is not a permissons issue.  Not trying to argue, I appreciate the help.  I just know the app pool user has full rights.

I will try the upgrade to 6.0.5 as soon as I can built time into the workflow, hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Thanks again guys!

May 31, 2013 @ 22:28
    MikeD

I think I figured it out...

I think it has somethign to do with my generic rewrite rule.  All these sites are rebuilds of existing sites, so we go in and add a bunch of rewrite rules.  I just added rules to another site today and all of a sudden they are reporting the same problem.  I commented out the generic rewrite, restarted the app pool and I see code again.

Here is the rewrite rule I think is causing it.  What did I do wrong?

<add name="catchAll_html"
          redirect="Domain"
          ignoreCase="true" rewriteUrlParameter="IncludeQueryStringForRewrite"
          virtualUrl="/(.*).html"
          redirectMode="Permanent"
          destinationUrl="/" />

Thanks guys!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft