Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad 69 posts 97 karma points
    May 07, 2013 @ 20:34
    Brad

Why is everything a page?

I'm trying to use examine to return search results, but I'm noticing it's returning things I don't want it to. For example, slides in a rotator count as pages ("resources/services/slider/slide1.aspx"). I think this is odd. Is there any way around this?

Thanks

• Michael Westgate 11 posts 31 karma points
    May 10, 2013 @ 11:35
    Michael Westgate

Config/ExamineIndex.config allows you to customise your index and what is being returned. You would need to add the nodes you want to exclude into the ExcludeNodeTypes node of your custom index set.

My assumption is that you have not created your own index set and are using the default internal index set. The default internal index set will return everything in the search results as the Umbraco admin search box uses this index set. Rather than customise this functionality, it would be better to create your own index set and restrict it to only the content items of the types that you want to show up in your search results.

So you will need to create an index set with excluded nodes (such as the slides in your rotator).

There is lots of info on the web but this should get you started http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14908778/exclude-node-from-umbraco-search

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft