Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Sunesen 45 posts 145 karma points
    May 08, 2013 @ 13:30
    Dan Sunesen

Weird caching problems with images

Hey fellow umbracians,

I'm experiencing some really weird caching problems on a current project. The website consist of the umbraco backoffice including uCommerce and a PIM integration.

The site holds quite a few images, and therefore we have implemented caching on the images.

So, all the images gets stored under pimmedia/images and inside images we have a Cached folder that stores alle the cached iamges. This works as it should.

However, as time goes by, the site tends to get slower and slower on loading the images, but if I empty the Cached folder, the site gets snappy and smooth again.

I've talked with the backend guy who implemented this, but we cannot seem to find a solution to this.

So, do you guys have any idea as to why the caching seems to work the total opposite way of how it was intended to work?

Cheers,
    Dan

May 08, 2013 @ 19:11
    Dan Sunesen

Caching experts? Anyone?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 08, 2013 @ 21:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

What is PIM short for in this context? Would be nice to know to figure out if that could be part of the issue...

/Jan

May 10, 2013 @ 10:43
    Dan Sunesen

Hi Jan,

PIM is short for Product Information Management ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_information_management ). This is where the client manages all their products and from where uCommerce/umbraco gets all the XML.

Your colleague Emil has been working on this project with me.

May 13, 2013 @ 15:36
    Dan Sunesen

So, does anyone have any clue?

May 17, 2013 @ 11:48
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft