Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Provence 12 posts 32 karma points
    May 16, 2013 @ 16:09
    Jason Provence

Umbraco 6.0.5 and ASP.NET Dynamic Data

I have a Dynamic Data site in a folder called "admin".  This folder is in the root of the website and referenced in the reserved paths section of the web.config file.

After upgrading from Umbraco 4.7.2 to 6.0.5 I've noticed that the links in the Dynamic Data site that normally take me to my tables are now trying to hit the /umbraco/rendermvc/List controller and action.  I'm assuming that somehow my routes have been changed, but being so new to MVC I have no idea how to restore these.  

If it is any help, this is the section of my startup code that used to register the contexts correctly.  Any help on how to restore these routes without breaking the routing of the new Umbraco version would be very appreciated!

public static void RegisterContext(RouteCollection routes, string dbName, Type contextType, string ddFolder)
            {
                var model = new MetaModel
                                {
                                    DynamicDataFolderVirtualPath = ddFolder,
                                    FieldTemplateFactory =
                                        new FieldTemplateFactory()
                                            {TemplateFolderVirtualPath = "~/admin/DynamicData/FieldTemplates",}
                                };
                model.RegisterContext(contextType, new ContextConfiguration() {ScaffoldAllTables = true});
                routes.Add(new DynamicDataRoute("admin/{dbname}/{table}/{action}.aspx")
                                {
                                    Constraints = new RouteValueDictionary(new
                                                                                {
                                                                                    action = "List|Details|Edit|Insert",
                                                                                    dbname = dbName
                                                                                }),
                                    Model = model
                                });
                Models[dbName] = model;
            }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft