Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• umbracocool 108 posts 197 karma points
    May 20, 2013 @ 06:23
    umbracocool

There is a package to insert values in fields of a node from a page?

Hello friends. I would like to know how to insert values from an HTML page to the fields on a node.

Example if I have this:

name

| __________________]

Email

| __________________]

| __________________]

I would like the data entered is stored in a node within umbraco ... is it possible?

My ultimate goal is to create a hit counter for each page and to visualize these views. Thank you!

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    May 20, 2013 @ 09:09
    Dan

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want to get form values to be inserted into page properties on submit, right?  If so, they you could create a usercontrol or razor macro to do this or (if you're using umbraco 4.x) you could try Doc2Form.  Personally I'd probably use Contour though, it has a built-in 'save values to node' workflow.

Hope this helps...

May 20, 2013 @ 15:51
    umbracocool

Thanks , I'll try with Doc2Form!

May 20, 2013 @ 18:36
    umbracocool

You know that way I can send the updated data using jQuery with Ajax?. I created a field called "views", the type "textstring". Everything works fine with Doc2form, I even update the data ... but that I do click on a submit button. I do not want that ... I want to get the tours will add +1 and replace and upgrade ... but using ajax and automatic. Can you help with that idea? - Many Thanks!

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    May 20, 2013 @ 18:43
    Dan

Hi,

I'm not sure to be honest.  The last time I used doc2form was probably about 3 years ago.  Personally I'd start a new thread on the Doc2Form forum as it's more likely that Casey or someone who knows the package really well will pick it up and answer better than I can.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft