Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Derek Ekins 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 29, 2013 @ 11:02
    Derek Ekins

Clustered umbraco and deleting a document error

I have a clustered umbraco setup and am using distributed call to keep the cache in sync between the nodes.

We have a problem where if we delete a node we get an error while trying to refresh the cache (I think it is on the nodes being updated rather than master but the log doesn't say explicitly).

Here is the error I get:

Error refreshing a node in the distributed list: 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: attribute

at System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute.op_Explicit(XAttribute attribute)

at UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type)

at Examine.ExamineManager._ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type, IEnumerable`1 providers)

at umbraco.content.DocumentCacheEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e)

at umbraco.content.FireAfterUpdateDocumentCache(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\src\Umbraco.Web\umbraco.presentation\content.cs:line 747

at umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\src\Umbraco.Web\umbraco.presentation\content.cs:line 524

at umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 pageId) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\src\Umbraco.Web\umbraco.presentation\content.cs:line 467

at umbraco.presentation.cache.pageRefresher.Refresh(Int32 Id) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\src\Umbraco.Web\umbraco.presentation\umbraco\cache\pageRefresher.cs:line 72

at umbraco.presentation.webservices.CacheRefresher.RefreshById(Guid uniqueIdentifier, Int32 Id, String Login, String Password) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\src\Umbraco.Web\umbraco.presentation\umbraco\webservices\CacheRefresher.asmx.cs:line 79

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at umbraco.presentation.cache.CacheRefresher.EndRefreshById(IAsyncResult asyncResult) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\src\Umbraco.Web\umbraco.presentation\umbraco\cache\CacheRefresher.cs:line 106

at umbraco.presentation.cache.dispatcher.InvokeDispatchMethod(DispatchType dispatchType, Guid factoryGuid, Int32 numericId, Guid guidId) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource_v4\src\Umbraco.Web\umbraco.presentation\umbraco\cache\dispatcher.cs:line 149'

Is there a known solution to this problem?

I am on umbraco v 4.9.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4868.25391)

Thanks 

• Derek Ekins 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 30, 2013 @ 13:03
    Derek Ekins

Turns out this error occured when deleting a node. In that case the examine indexer throws this exception. The error actually occured regardless of the site being in a cluster.

In my case I did not require examine so disabled it and the problem has been resolved.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft