Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 09:32
    Ismail Mayat

umbraco 6.1.1 package install error

I have tried to install a few packages contour / ucompoenents and famfamicons. It tries to install then you get yellow screen of death error stack trace is

Server Error in '/' Application.

Sequence contains no elements

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements]
       System.Linq.Enumerable.Single(IEnumerable`1 source) +379
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.ApplicationTreeRegistrar.<.ctor>b__0(Type x) +43
       System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +245
       System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +165
       System.Linq.<ConcatIterator>d__71`1.MoveNext() +643
       System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values) +273
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.ApplicationTreeRegistrar..ctor() +848
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +3160
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.ProcessInstall(String currentStep) +716
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +618
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178
  • Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 09:42
    Morten Christensen

That is fairly odd as the error seems to revolve around the ApplicationTreeRegistrar, which is used to add something like the Contour app tree. But its definately not used for famfamfam icons :)

Just to be sure can you double check permissions on the application.config and trees.config under /Config/ ?

Oh, and if the YSOD is different between the 3 packages then I'd like to see the ones that are different from this.

Thanks,

Morten

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 05, 2013 @ 11:03

Just tried on a fresh 6.1.1 and can't reproduce...I did install from the repo don't know if that should make a difference 

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 11:25
    Dirk De Grave

Experiencing exact same error, but only after upgrading from 4.11.8 to 4.11.9. AFAIK, none of the above configs have changed and permissions are set correctly... Also, error is logged on startup

Any suggestions on how to debug (tried to attach to process but always too late as code has already run when vs.net is ready to attach to process)?

I'm thinking it's some kind of config error from our part, just not sure how to figure out which one is causing the pain.

On the side note, and may as well be related, after upgrading from 4.11.8 > 4.11.9, we've lost the MNTP datatype (it's no longer listed in the listbox)

Any pointers more than welcome. Got plenty of karma to give away !!

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jun 10, 2013 @ 11:53
    Ismail Mayat

Dirk, 

Although I got errors it did actually install.

Regards

Ismail

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 12:18
    Dirk De Grave

@Ismael, thanks for the info. Yes, don't have issues moving forward with the backoffice, but run into issues as soon as I open a doc with a MNTP property... Really, really strange behaviour and haven't gotten to the bottom of it. Looks like it's gonna be a long Monday :(

/Dirk

• Josiah D Thoen 18 posts 63 karma points
    Jun 15, 2013 @ 21:01
    Josiah D Thoen

I had this same issue.  I think the issue stems from a plugin that inherits baseTree however does not add the TreeAttribrute to the class declaration.  For me it was the Examine Dashboard.  I reported it here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/examine-dashboard/general-forum/41868-Does-not-work-in-61x 

I posted a bug: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2379 and included the code to fix it if anyone wants grab it.

Pull Request submited

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 01:54
    Eric Schrepel

Having the same issue also on Umbraco 6.1.1; was removing an older version of DAMP (2.0), thought it would leave 2.5 intact, but seemed not to. So removed DAMP 2.5 also, reinstalled it from local package, then got that "Sequence..." YSOD after the install. However, DAMP 2.5 appears to have installed correctly maybe? Except that now the content nodes that had been using DAMP aren't showing the media item picked from DAMP (it had been storing as media ID, like the regular Media Picker would), even though viewing the content node as a web page does show the picked media item correctly.

Frustrating; my understanding is that both media picker and DAMP media picker just store media ID as the value, so changing between them (which we'd done a couple times due to other DAMP bugs) wouldn't affect anything. But doesn't seem to be reliably displaying the chosen media item.

• Richard Terris 273 posts 715 karma points
    Oct 02, 2013 @ 13:07
    Richard Terris

I'm experiencing this issue on V6.1.6 but it's with a package I created and it's my first package so there is every chance I have done something incorrectly.

Is this issue still open?

Edit - My package is installing even though I'm seeing the above error and when I uninstall the package I recieve the YSOD with message "Could not load type Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication"

Oct 02, 2013 @ 13:12
    Ismail Mayat

Richard,

I think i the manually installed packages and then at some point upgraded the version and it all worked fine.

Regards

Ismail

Oct 02, 2013 @ 15:05
    Richard Terris

I just tried this same package on a V4 site, to rule that out and am getting a YSOD with the following error:

Attempted to access an element as a type incompatible with the array
    Oct 02, 2013 @ 15:07
    Richard Terris

Ah never mind - that error is obviously because the package was built in V6 and I'm trying to install it on V4

D'oh!!

• Justin Moser 20 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 15, 2014 @ 18:56
    Justin Moser

Hey, Was this ever solved? I'm having the same issue with a 6.1.1 installation.

Thanks Justin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft