Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad Ford 34 posts 75 karma points
    Jun 17, 2013 @ 07:41
    Brad Ford

Membership in Umbraco 6

I'm not sure if this is an Umbraco 6 issue or a PICNIC (Problem In Chair Not In Computer) but here goes. 

I am following the excellent membership tutorial on Mike's Umbraco Blog at http://umbraco.miketaylor.eu/2010/08/29/authenticating-new-members-part-3/

For some reason none of the custom values are getting saved when a user is created. 

Here are the relevent parts of the app so far. 

First the Member Group 'SiteMember' is set up and given a few custom properties.  

First Name, Last Name, Avatar Image and Auth Guid are added to the web.config file. 

Next a class is created for these extra parameters. (here I'm just showing the FirstName param)

Note the property names in here match those in the Member Group. Is that correct?

Next I have an ASP CreateUserWizard in a usercontrol. 

It looks like this. 

And finally, the cwMember_CreateUser method looks like this. 

If I set a break point in the code above I can see that mp gets the correct values.

However back in Umbraco, none of those values are set. Nor is the Auth_Guid set and finally both Is Locked and Is Approved are false. Shouldn't Is Locked be 'true' as the wizard form had this line in it..?

DisableCreatedUser="True"

Jun 17, 2013 @ 08:33
    Brad Ford

Here are a couple of shots from in Umbraco/Members after adding a user named Bert. 

Jun 18, 2013 @ 02:51
    Brad Ford

One can't have enough screen shots to explain a problem. 

This shot shows the register code paused at the Save() comand that should save the memberProfile. You can see that all the values are set. 

Jun 18, 2013 @ 07:10
    Brad Ford

I fixed this. 

I upgraded my Umbraco install from 6.0.0 to 6.1.1. 

I have no idea why it did not work

Off to catch up for lost time. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft