Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joel Hansen 38 posts 96 karma points
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 09:22
    Joel Hansen

Error 330 unless <urlCompression doDynamicCompression="false" />

I'm using SmarterASP.net for hosting (affiliate link). They have a One-Click installer which has to be used when setting up a new Umbraco website, due to protection settings.

The standard Umbraco setup uses WebForms though, and I need it to use MVC. So I change the umbracoSettings.config and reset the application pool, and it all looks good.

The problem is, as soon as I change a page to use a .cshtml template, then it doesn't render on the frontend. It just returns Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

The quick solution is pretty simple though, all I have to do is to add this to the web.config:

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<urlCompression doDynamicCompression="false" />

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

But I'm not sure I like that solution, since I would like to keep dynamic compression to reduce bandwidth usage.

Do you know of a better solution?

• David Quinlan 6 posts 99 karma points
    Jan 23, 2019 @ 11:15
    David Quinlan

Thanks for posting this! got me out of a hole today!

Sorry I don't have answer to any better solution.

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 23, 2019 @ 15:09
    Matthew Wise

Hi,

When installing Umbraco directly it adds doDynamicCompression="false" to two locations. So you can still use it else why try adding the below to your web.config instead of disabling it all together

<location path="umbraco">
    <system.webServer>
      <urlCompression doStaticCompression="false" doDynamicCompression="false" dynamicCompressionBeforeCache="false" />
    </system.webServer>

<location path="App_Plugins">
        <system.webServer>
          <urlCompression doStaticCompression="false" doDynamicCompression="false" dynamicCompressionBeforeCache="false" />
        </system.webServer>
      </location>

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft