Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Sep 23, 2009 @ 18:10
    Lee Kelleher

TinyMCE: Disable gzip compression?

Is it possible to turn off gzip compression for TinyMCE?  From looking through the core code (via Reflector), there's a config setting called "GzipEnabled" - but I can't find where it's set.  Any ideas?

A little background to this problem, (just in case it's a red herring).  A couple of our clients are having (random) problems in IE6.  Using Fiddler we noticed that sometimes "tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx" was failing to load.  I've heard that gzip support in IE6 is a bit hit-n-miss.  So I'd like to disable the gzip compression to see if that resolves it.

Thanks, Lee.

• David Suarez 6 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 13, 2010 @ 11:27
    David Suarez

Apparently the code for the configuration is there (in GzipModule.cs), but it's hardcoded, not really read from a config file. 

I run into a similar issue, tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx takes about 30 seconds to load and it's being loaded every time a page is loaded or published. 

Apparently there is also configuration for the cache folder but it isn't set nor read from anywhere (again), so it's not being cached in the server. And for some reason my browser is not caching it either. 

• David Suarez 6 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 13, 2010 @ 18:37
    David Suarez

More details, actually I was looking at some old code (apparently trunk doesn't contain the latest, 4.5 is being developed on branch 4.1.0). 

So, now it seems there is code for reading tinymce gzip configuration from the config file, but I don't see a way to make it working. I add a section to configSections in web.config: 

<section name="TinyMCE" type="umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.plugin.ConfigSection,umbraco.editorControls" />

And the actual configuration immediately below: 

<TinyMCE GzipCachePath="~/App_Data/GzipCacheData/" />

But I get the exception: 

An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for TinyMCE: Type 'umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.plugin.ConfigSection' does not inherit from 'System.Configuration.IConfigurationSectionHandler'.

Looks to me that the ConfigSection should implement IConfigurationHandler like the error and MSDN suggest. Anybody tried this code before? 

• Svavar Svavarsson 2 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 30, 2012 @ 14:13
    Svavar Svavarsson

I fixed this, at least temporarily, by turning off static content compression in IIS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft