Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 17:23
    Stefan Kip

Umbraco Relations with Picker Relations, MNTP and Related Links

Quick question:

I've hot the MNTP and the Picker Relations datatypes as property on a node.
    Once I select a node via the MNTP a relation is created.

The relation's child node has got a uComponents Related Links datatype, which shows the relation's parent node.
    All working fine so far.

But now I'm creating a relation via the Umbraco v6.1.2 API (RelationService) and the Related Links shows the relation's parent node, but the MNTP on the relation's parent node doesn't show the relation's child node selected.

Is this the way it should work?

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 17:41
    Hendy Racher

Hi,

Yes, if I understand correctly, that would be the correct behaviour - the Relation Links datatype will list it's associations from the relations data (which you've updated via the API), but the MNTP reads it's data from it's own saved data.

You could progmatically set the MNTP value instead of setting the relations data (that in turn would update the relations data) ?

Alternativily, Neil Tootel wrote a package called uRelate which is an updated version of the MNTP that is directly wired up to the relations data - perhaps this will do the trick ?

HTH,

Hendy

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 17:45
    Stefan Kip

Thanks Hendy, just what I was looking for!

• Neil Tootell 73 posts 118 karma points
    May 29, 2014 @ 18:18
    Neil Tootell

Hi Kipusoep,

The uRelate plugins were designed for v4.7 ideally, and should be used with caution. What you might be able to do is retrofit the newer relations services from 6.2, or rip the source code to bits & re-purpose for your own needs.

I'm not actively developing the project any more as together with Hendy we're looking at some new thinking for v7+ in the way a relation system may function.

Best wishes

Neil

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft