Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Michael Nielsen 82 posts 361 karma points
    Jul 26, 2013 @ 18:35
    Michael Nielsen
    0

    Can't get rid of preinstalled italian language

    I noticed that I had Italian as a language on a 6.1.2 install I am currently working on.

    Now I haven't added it, so it must have been included in the Umbraco install itself (for some reason).

    I deleted the Italian and added Danish under languages, but Italian and English are still the only options when trying to set language on the homenode.

    Has anybody else experienced this, and how do I resolve it?

     

  • Jan Skovgaard 11264 posts 23592 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2013 @ 22:09
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Michael

    I just tested a clean installation of 6.1.2 based on CE SQL database and when I go to "Settings -> Languages" it only contains 1 language, which is english (us).

    So the other languages you're seeing must have been added in another fashion. Are you using a starter kit or have installed some 3rd party packages or anything that could have contained these languages?

    It's odd that you can't delete the italian language though - do you get any kind of error when trying to? If so what does it say? Have you checked the logs to see if it provides some usefull information about it? (Check AppData/Logs).

    Cheers,
    Jan 

  • Michael Nielsen 82 posts 361 karma points
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 11:58
    Michael Nielsen
    100

    Hi Jan

    Below are a list of the packages I have installed on the solution. I've installed all but RazorLogin before, and I haven't seen Italian language before, and I've checked the RazorLogin package and as far as I can see, it doesn't contain anything else than a razor macro. But maybe there's something I'm missing.

    But i deleted the Italian language under Settings > Languages, so it was completely gone there, and Danish was created and present under Settings > Languages, but Italian was still present (and Danish missing) when right clicking the home node and choosing "Add Domain".

    I tried deleting the ClientDepency files in the folder /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency, because I saw another forum post where somebody had some trouble with languages. Initially it did not help, but it seems to have rectified itself over the weekend.

    So my theory is that deleting the ClientDepencyfiles helped, but the app pool needed a recycle (I didn't do that at the time), and that has happened over the weekend.

    So everything is in order now.

    • uComponents
    • ImageGen
    • FamFamFam Icon Package
    • Digibiz Advanced Media Picker
    • Desktop Media Uploader
    • Robots.txt Editor
    • FALM_Housekeeping
    • uLess
    • Pliable Form
    • Url Tracker
    • RazorLogin
  • Michael Nielsen 82 posts 361 karma points
    Aug 01, 2013 @ 08:17
    Michael Nielsen
    0

    Just a note on where the language came from. It was from F.A.L.M Housekeeping package v4.11.0.2.

    I've made a post on the package forum, suggesting that it is removed from the package.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft