Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Nielsen 82 posts 362 karma points
    Jul 30, 2013 @ 11:58
    Michael Nielsen

Can't delete nodes: SQL helper exception in ExecuteScalar

Umbraco version: 4.11.9

Suddenly I cannot delete nodes on a solution. A message "bubble" in the lowest right corner comes up with the message:

Error handling action  Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteScalar

If the node is a published, this message will be in the link section of the node afterwards.

Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)
  • Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 30, 2013 @ 12:07
    Jul 30, 2013 @ 13:32
    Michael Nielsen

Unfortunately it is not...

Deleting umbraco.config, republishing af all nodes and touching the web.config did nothing.

Jul 30, 2013 @ 13:39
    Michael Nielsen

I can publish an unpublish the nodes just fine. But I cannot delete them as I get this error:

Error handling action 

Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteScalar

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 09:09
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Can you also post the more detailed error that should appear in your log file at the same time? ~/App_Data/Logs/Umbracolog.txt

Aug 01, 2013 @ 08:30
    Michael Nielsen

Sure...

It looks like it's related to the URL Tracker package, the installation of that failed because of the "Sequence contains no elements" bug.
    http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/301-url-tracker/version-2/43180-Sequence-contains-no-elements

I uninstalled it again, tried to upgrade to 4.11.10, but that caused NForum to stop working correctly. I downgraded again, but NForum still does not work correctly (cannot create topics or posts).

But I'm guessing the problem is that since URL Tracker wasn't installed correctly, it wasn't uninstalled correctly.

And with the other problems, I'm leaning to that instead of upgrading, then creating a new clean install and move everything to it.

2013-08-01 08:19:33,502 [6] ERROR umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1[[System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] - [Thread 66] Error executing query SELECT 1 FROM infocaster301 WHERE NodeId = @nodeId
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'infocaster301'.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()
       at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
       at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteScalar[T](String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\e145e9ed82478b40\src\umbraco.datalayer\SqlHelper.cs:line 205

Aug 01, 2013 @ 09:39
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Aaah, right, so it looks like something is trying to query a table that doesn't exist any more after the uninstall (which could probably also explain your nforum troubles).

The only think I can think off of the top of my head would be that you still have the infocaster 301 tracker dll in your bin folder and there might be references to that dll in the web.config. So try to delete the dll and remove references to it from your web.config.

Aug 01, 2013 @ 10:30
    Michael Nielsen

You're right, InfoCaster.Umbraco._301UrlTracker.dll was still in the /bin folder, though it was not referenced in web.config, but deleting the .dll solved the problem of not being able to delete nodes.

It did not however solve my NForum issues, so unfortnuately it was not related :-(

But thanks for the help.

Aug 01, 2013 @ 10:32
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Good to hear. Sorry about the nforum issues, but make sure to create a different topic with more detailed info for that so you can get some help: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/nforum/general

Aug 01, 2013 @ 11:09
    Michael Nielsen

I have... It was just extra info to shed some light on this issue... :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft