Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nab 15 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 09, 2013 @ 15:24
    Nab

App Pool refresh

Hi all

I have got a fairly simple Umbraco/ublogsy website with around 200 articles in it. The website works fine on my dev machine, however as soon it is uploaded on production environment which is a shared hosting with only 400 MB RAM. The app pool keeps recycling after every minute, at times even less than a minute. Due to this, macro caching and sessions (I am storing very little) are almost useless. 

Done a lot of profiling but there seems to be nothing wrong with the code. The hosting provider says that umbraco usually needs memory of more 500MB. Is this true? Please advise.

Thanks. 

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Aug 11, 2013 @ 06:04
    Jon Dunfee

Are you using SQLCE for the database?  If so, then it's possible considering it has to spin up a mini SQL server.  If you are and if your host has SQL Server or Express on the box you could try LocalDB which is better than SQLCE and offloads the memory footprint to resident SQL Server instance.

If you have access to your dev machine then see what your w3wp process is running at.  My dev instance has over 5k nodes and it runs the service over 1gig - no clue how much of that is my site, but certainly being the only site on the box it must mostly be my site.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft