Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniël Tulp 33 posts 64 karma points
    Aug 15, 2013 @ 10:01
    Daniël Tulp

System.NullReferenceException when opening Image modal

When I hit the 'Insert image' button in the rich text editor bar, the modal opens but then an error page appears:

Details of exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Stacktrace:
    [NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.]
    umbraco.controls.Images.ImageViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +70
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +83
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +168
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +974

Versiondata: Microsoft .NET Framework Versie:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Versie:4.0.30319.17929 

Running Umbraco 6.1.3 on localhost and on server, both give the error. I have already tried to replace the umbraco.dll and umbraco.editorControls.dll with fresh ones, but to no avail. Running Umbraco 6.1.3 on localhost and on server, both give the error. I have already tried to replace the umbraco.dll and umbraco.editorControls.dll with fresh ones, but to no avail. I also checked all my datatypes, but none are corrupt (as per http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15338746/rich-text-editor-and-inserting-images-getting-error and http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/39103-Problem-with-Rich-Text-Editor-and-Inserting-Images). I am using uComponents, but I have the most recent version (5.5.0)

Also posted on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18248669/opening-the-insert-image-modal-in-umbraco-6-1-3-causes-nullreferenceexception

Aug 19, 2013 @ 22:15
    Daniël Tulp

A friendly bump.

Also on stackoverflow.com I've had no luck, not even after I set a bounty on this problem.

Only seeing a compleet reinstall as a possible solution but this seems a bit drastic for just the inserting of an image.

Please help, this is a major dealbreaker!

• Dan White 206 posts 510 karma points c-trib
    Sep 06, 2013 @ 02:18
    Dan White

@Daniël

I just started getting the same error. Have you found a solution? The only major change I can think of is that I installed the new Concierge for v6. 

Sep 06, 2013 @ 18:16
    Dan White

This is the stacktrace error I get.

2013-09-06 09:14:48,666 [7] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 27] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at umbraco.controls.Images.ImageViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertimage_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Users\dawhite\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\af2888dc\ccfb41aa\App_Web_insertimage.aspx.43b758d9.hsie55fg.0.cs:line 0
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    Sep 06, 2013 @ 19:58
    Daniël Tulp

In my case it was a matter of an faulty update. I had updated the binaries of my Umbraco project in visual studio, but not the Umbraco files.

So download a fresh copy of Umbraco and upload to your server. See if that solves it.

Sep 06, 2013 @ 20:09
    Dan White

Are you referring to the Umbraco and Umbraco_Client directories or the binaries on the server? Thanks

Sep 06, 2013 @ 21:46
    Daniël Tulp

The two directories

Sep 11, 2013 @ 23:07
    Dan White

That took care of it. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft