Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacky 24 posts 104 karma points
    Aug 21, 2013 @ 17:26
    Jacky

How can I compile the source code of Umbraco?

I want to compile the soource code of Umbraco and inspect into it, I'd like to do somthing development page combined the CMS.

But Help me please ....

When I open the source code wiht vs2012, I found many references not found in the source code? How can I do get the compile successfully?

Although I ask for help the helpdesk of Umbraco, but they don't feedback except I become their confidence customer. I am worry about for paying untill I get to know Umbraco fills my requirements.

Anyone help me .....

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 24, 2013 @ 16:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jacky

What are your plans for using Umbraco? Do you want to install Umbraco and figure out how it works? Then compiling the source is a bit overkill :)

You can download the latest version here http://our.umbraco.org/download and you can read the instructions for manual installation here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-manually

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Niklas Gislum 13 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 24, 2013 @ 17:53
    Niklas Gislum

I would like to compile from source too, mostly because I would like to solve a anoying problem with Umbraco 6 and MySql.. Not the case sensitivity thing.. but at problem with 2 timestamps in one table which my MySql database can't handle. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2294, should be possible to solve in code..

Installing NuGet package manager cleared all the errors building, but now I bumped into a problem when I debug that it can't find the umbracoSettings.config.. basicaly because it's looking for the file in a wrong place..umbraco is stepping up 4 directories out of the Umbraco.Web.UI folder, then starts looking for the config/umbracoSettings.config... any idea where I should start looking to solve this?

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Aug 25, 2013 @ 02:44
    Jon Dunfee

I was just trying to compile it (v6.1.4) and ran into another issue.  One of the Nuget packages apparently isn't in the repository anymore. Do'h!

• Jacky 24 posts 104 karma points
    Aug 25, 2013 @ 04:52
  • Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Aug 25, 2013 @ 08:52
    Jon Dunfee

Yeah, that woulda worked, but if you read my last post which is from the Nuget console.  The package will need to be fixed in the source.  I'm not familiar enough with nuget to skip that package and manually add the libraries.  Any ideas?  I can go through and manually take care of the references with the DLLs in the final release zip, but would like to set it up as it was intended.

• Niklas Gislum 13 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 26, 2013 @ 14:05
    Niklas Gislum

ok so my error regarding the missing umbracosettings file eas because i did not have MVC 4 installed in my IIS. After a restart of VS it notified me about the missing MVC and asked me to install it through Web PI. Nice now on to see if i can fix the MySql error..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft