Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 7 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 28, 2013 @ 14:26
    John

Migration from 4.8 to 6.x

When I set up Umbraco for my organization, the major release that moved to MVC had just been released and I tried and tried but could not get any sense of reliability out of it, which I believe had a lot to do with our older server.

We are looking at a server consolidation which will launch us forward from server 2003 to 2008R2 at a minimum, we may be able to go to 2012. So with that said, I figured I'd ask the community your experiences migrating from 4.8 or similar into the 6.x branch. Is it easy, a nightmare, etc? Any special considerations?

I've avoided any packages that may have dependencies on Umbraco and have done most of our development via user controls. I did create a custom user class so that I could tie into our existing user data.

Would love to know the communities insight on this. I am loving Umbraco more and more every day now that we are starting to really leverage it with the API and razor, it's finally transitioning from a dev platform into a CMS since we are adding content creators lol!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft