Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren Tidmand 129 posts 366 karma points
    Aug 31, 2013 @ 14:13
    Søren Tidmand

Issue with dbo.umbracoApp and dbo.umbracoAppTree

After having upgraded two separate Umbraco installations both the dbo.umbracoApp and dbo.umbracoAppTree tables have been damaged and are totally empty. No columns, no keys, nothing.

Originally both installations were version 4.5.2 and has been continously upgraded all the way to 4.11.10 (and one even to 6.1.4). 

Unfortunately I didn't notice that anything was wrong until yesterday where I suddenly had to edit a User profile (not Member) on one of the installations. This gives an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. I check with the other installation, which gave me the same error. I've been googling for many hours checking out all sorts of ways to find out what's wrong ... and suddenly I found out that the above mentioned tables are completely damaged.

Does anybody know what might have caused the problem ... and will it be possible to restore these tables? It's a pretty big installation including a TeaCommerce webshop, that also has been upgraded along the way. 

Please help. If needed I'll supply with all possible details.

Thx
    Søren

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 31, 2013 @ 16:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Søren

I've never seen an issue like this but I'm thinking about if you have a backup of the database? Have you been able to see something in the log files/tables?

/Jan

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 31, 2013 @ 17:06
    Morten Christensen

Those tables were removed in v.6.0.0 and haven't been used since. If you are only on 4.11 then a foreign key has been removed for each of those tables as far as I remember. So maybe revisit the db schema for each of your installs and ensure that the schema corresponds to that of a clean install of the same version

/ Morten

• Søren Tidmand 129 posts 366 karma points
    Aug 31, 2013 @ 17:11
    Søren Tidmand

Hi Jan and Morten.

Thanks for your input. The removed tables explains why they are empty ... although they are also empty on the 4.11.8 installation.

But on the same note, how do you explain - if possible - the reason for the "object reference not set..." error when trying to edit a User?

And when I'm trying to open up the Tea Commerce section I get this error ... don't know if they are related:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid column name 'UmbracoLanguageId'.

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'UmbracoLanguageId'.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +388
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +880
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4381
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +117
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +127
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +530
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +2274
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +527
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +107
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +278
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +183
       System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +2499
       System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +188
       System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +405
       System.Data.Linq.DataQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() +54
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +446
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +80
       TeaCommerce.Data.Order.GetOrdersFromDb(Expression`1 filter, Nullable`1 skip, Nullable`1 take, Boolean isCached, OrdersSortOrder[] sortOrders) +4146
       TeaCommerce.Admin.Umbraco.plugins.TeaCommerce.Orders.SearchOrders.Search() +6322
       TeaCommerce.Admin.Umbraco.plugins.TeaCommerce.Orders.SearchOrders.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +1253
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +116
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2910
  • Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 31, 2013 @ 17:18
    Morten Christensen

Maybe your TeaCommerce package isn't properly installed? The UmbracoLanguageId doesn't exist and as its not a column in any of the Core tables it most be something that TeaCommerce added.

Still think the best thing you can do is to make a clean install along with TeaCommerce and compare the db schema between the clean/fresh install and the one causing you problems.

/ Morten

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft