Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Sep 03, 2013 @ 15:29
    Asif Malik

Question about back office web services

Hi, I am having some strange problems and am trying to understand why/how this is happening.

Essenitally i am trying to get umbraco on to Amazon EC2 in a load balanced environment. I have 1 dedicated machine for back office access, when i configure this servers website to point to local files everything works correctly, however if i move the files to a network share then i get errors in the back office, and no trees appear. I can see some JS errors where i get 500 errors trying to access

/umbraco/webservices/nodeSorter.asmx/js
    /umbraco/webservices/legacyAjaxCalls.asmx/js
    /umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData

I dont really understand how this MVC style snytax is working but if i go to 

/umbraco/webservices/nodeSorter.asmx
    /umbraco/webservices/legacyAjaxCalls.asmx
    /umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx

then i get an error 

startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.

Any help would be much appreciated, we are running this on umbraco 4.11.10

Thanks

• Andy Butland 422 posts 2334 karma points MVP 4x hq c-trib
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 10:18
    Andy Butland

Hey Asif - I'm not sure of the answer here, but would be good to see what the 500 errors are when Umbraco makes the call.  Have a look in Chrome dev tools or similar to see what the actual response is.  Assuming full error information is configured to show then you should see what's wrong.  Just calling the endpoint directly in the browser as you have may not be useful, as there could be some querystring or form post parameters missing that the function is expecting, which would explain the error you have posted.

Cheers

Andy

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 10:27
    Asif Malik

Hi Andy, thanks for you comment. for some reaosn i can only see the error details on the server (even though cusotm errors are turned off). Howeevr on the server i can see the error ...

It seems that it is looking for a config file 

\\?\UNC\10.10.1.50\export\RAID5NFS\Inetpub\poc2\umbraco\webservices\legacyAjaxCalls.asmx\js\web.config

not really sure why it thinks this is a folder but i dont really understand how the legacyAjaxCalls.asmx/js syntax works

Asif

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft