Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 7 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 13, 2013 @ 05:45
    John

Assigning more than one node for a writer?

I'm working on setting up some content writers in Umbraco and kind of stumbled into a problem that I can't seem to find an answer to searching. I understand being able to set the start node for a user, but in the case that we would want to selectively assign writing priveleges to not just one node hierarchy, but perhaps nodes that exist outside of that hierarch. I'd assume they are top down, but I can't imagine that it would be limited to a single node. Is that correct? What am I missing? Appreciate any help.

• John 7 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 13, 2013 @ 07:36
    John

I hope someone chimes in, I know this hasn't been up long but I have asked one question previously that just fell off the radar. I surmise the Umbraco community is a pretty large group. I'm replying because I read through the Umbraco user guide and it touched so little on the concept of "Start Node" that I am convinced that is a pure limitation, that a user can only start in one place and then has no access to other nodes. If that is true, that makes it a bit difficult to set permissions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft