Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arturo Soler 24 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 12:30
    Arturo Soler

Ghost content and SQL CE

I'm using SQL CE on my current project (v6.1.6), a couple of times I have seen  loss of last updated content as stated in http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/45614-616-Embedded-DB,-content-gone

But the last time I noticed something I do not understand:

The pages that were missing from the tree of content are accessible from macroscripts writen in C #, and not only them also their properties and childrens.

Specifically can be accessed from the parent node using a loop: foreach (DynamicNode ghost in child.GetChildrenAsList).... and once inside using ghost.GetPropertyValue and another loop.

I accessed the database (using SQL Server Compaq Toolbox) and queried by id and parentId  the tables: cmsContent, cmsContentXml, cmsPropertyData, umbracoNode and umbracoRelation. I have found no trace of the missing pages. Even after repairing the database.

Is there somewhere else where to look?

Thanks for readme.txt

Arturo Soler

UPDATE: I've migrated the database to MS SQL Server 2012, no changes.

• Arturo Soler 24 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 13:45
    Arturo Soler

SOLVED!

I refreshed the cache XML with umbraco.library.RefreshContent().

I guess when we delete a page in backoffice, the system automatically refreshes the cache, but in case of malfunction of the database, the cache does not forget and we see ghosts

I think I'll use SQL Server as of now. It's a shame because creating a prototype to let the user play was simply copying and pasting.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft