Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Visual Antidote 5 posts 30 karma points
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 16:18
    Visual Antidote

Umbraco & Salesforce

Hello all, 

I'm wondering if anyone has done much with Salesforce integration on Umbraco. I've noticed a lot of discussion regarding posting form data from an Umbraco site to Salesforce, but has anyone gone beyond that?

I've recently put out a new project in the Umbraco project store, a simple chart generation tool that works off of Salesforce data, as a sort of a starting point for some more advanced Salesforce integration functionality. I'd love to get some feedback, but most importantly, would love to hear from users that are using Salesforce in their Umbraco sites for more than just web-to-lead activities.

The project can be found here.

Thanks in advance!

• Tony Kiernan 278 posts 341 karma points
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 12:03
    Tony Kiernan

Your link is dead

http://our.umbraco.org//projects/website-utilities/syntegrate-chart-for-salesforce

This goes way beyond what I am trying to do, but looks good.

Jan 17, 2014 @ 15:02
    Visual Antidote

Thanks Tony, I actually adjusted the listing name a few weeks back but wasn't able to edit my post.

Are you doing SF integration on your Umbraco site right now? 

I'm trying to get a sense of some of the different types of things people are doing with Salesforce and Umbraco.

Jan 17, 2014 @ 15:15
    Tony Kiernan

Unfortunately not. Our client doesn't really have the resource for us to spend any time on it.  It's just for newsletter sign up, so we're only linking to a salesforce form. I was looking to see if maybe someone had made a package might have worked for us with that

Jan 17, 2014 @ 15:22
    Visual Antidote

We're actually pursuing a number of different integration initiatives, one of which is a form builder, so it's good to know that there's a need for this type of tool. 

What SF object is being populated for newsletter sign-up? You've probably already thought of this, but if a newsletter sign up is treated like a lead, you could build a web-to-lead form pretty easily right out of Salesforce.

Jan 17, 2014 @ 15:31
    Tony Kiernan

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm getting them to set up for us

Jan 17, 2014 @ 15:36
    Visual Antidote

Great, that makes it a lot easier then.

The problem you face is if you want form data submitted to anything other than a lead. SF doesn't offer any easy way to do web-to-anything without doing some coding and playing around with their API.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft