Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vishal G.P 62 posts 122 karma points
    Dec 17, 2013 @ 14:16
    Vishal G.P

Publishing issue on a umbraco (4.7.1.1) installation running multiple websites

Hey Guys,

i have a strange problem which i cannot explain.

I have 1 umbraco installation running 2 websites (languages NL and EN). In IIS i created 2 websites running on the same app pool and pointing to the same inetpub folder. (1 website for each hostname).

Now if you edit a EN node via the NL umbraco url (meaning you login into umbraco using the NL umbraco url) and publish the change i dont see it on the correct EN url of the node. However if i go to the EN umbraco and "republush the entire site" the changes are visible immediately.

I find this strange, because they share the same umbraco.config file.

Now i did some reseraching and i found someone with the exact problem (including others)... http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/32101-Strange-Publishing-Issue-When-Using-Multiple-Domains-in-One-Umbraco-Installation

However the suggested solution in the end says to put the XmlContentCheckForDiskChanges setting to True.. However i'm running umbraco 4.7.1.1 and i dont see that setting in my umbracoSettings.config..

I thought i just add it, but no juice... same problem.. Can anyone shed some light on this...

thanks, Vishal

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft