Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob 43 posts 79 karma points
    Dec 22, 2013 @ 17:46
    Rob

Save causes umbraco to logout.. v. 6.1.6 (not save)

Umbraco v6.1.6 (Assembly version: 1.0.5021.24867)

I just deployed this to my host - they configured it to run unders it's own app pool and gave it a wild card mapping to the asp process, they also confirmed it was setup to run MVC 4.

THe site views ok, but when you login to edit something, any time you try to do something there is a 90% chance that it will show you the login box again. I have been able to save a change about 2x, but every other attempt to click save and publish causes the site to log me off.

Any ideas as to what to look for? Any suggestions as to what my host may need to do to get things running?

Thanks in advance

Rob

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Dec 26, 2013 @ 14:25
    Marcio Goularte

It seems to be a problem in the application pool. He must be being restarted after a certain time. Try to do with your host if there is something configured in the pool.

• Rob 43 posts 79 karma points
    Dec 26, 2013 @ 16:43
    Rob

Is there a log file i can check to see this?

I have one directory(site) that was configured for an earlier umbraco instance during development. When i moved the 6.X code into it, the same auto logoff was happening. When i placed the old code back into the directory, the old code worked prefectly :(

So.. if it is app pool, why does it not effect the 4.x code, but does hit the 6.x code. (any log entrys i can view to show this - from the umbraco side - i dont have server log access.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft