Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Underhill 13 posts 87 karma points
    Dec 24, 2013 @ 10:33
    Tom Underhill

Package installs old content

I'm trying to package up some content to move between environments - replacing some out-of-date content on the environment I want to install the package on.

I can create the package ok, and a quick scan of the xml looks fine. However, when I install it, the content it installs appears to be the old content from the target environment (that I'd deleted prior to install).

I've tried this a number of times and the same thing keeps happening - I'm stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:12
    Jeroen Breuer

I never tried to move content with a package, but perhaps it goes wrong because they have the same id?

You could try this to move content:

Courier 2

uSync.ContentEdition

Jeroen

Dec 24, 2013 @ 13:22
    Tom Underhill

Hmm, thanks for the reply, but uSync isn't really the right thing as I only want a specific node with children (not the whole lot). And Courier is overkill - packaging should be the right tool here.

I don't understand where the old content is coming from as I've deleted the nodes and emptied the recycle bin...

Jan 13, 2014 @ 15:23
    Tom Underhill

Got it - had the uDateFoldersy package installed and it was moving items around when the package was installed. I discounted this initially as the items didn't seem to be moved, so I've no idea where it was moving stuff to but turning it off solved the problem so...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft