Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Emil Christiansen 66 posts 148 karma points
    Jan 16, 2014 @ 08:28
    Emil Christiansen

Couldn't find any page with nodeId

Hi there!

I am beeing flooded with the following warning in the UmbracoTraceLog:

2014-01-15 23:21:09,191 [8] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultUrlProvider - [Thread 26] Couldn't find any page with nodeId=-1. This is most likely caused by the page not being published.

A new warning is added about every second.

The warning occurs on a Umbraco 6.1.6

I have searched low and high, and have found some help in different places. Sadly none of the advices and fixes described in the different posts solves the problem. One of the posts is this one:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/39296-Oops-this-document-is-published-but-is-not-in-the-cache-(internal-error)?p=1

I have tried right clicking the 'Content' node and 'Republish entire site' and i have also tried the republish through the following:

http;//YOURDOMAIN/Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true

I have tried with iisreset, restart of site in iis and recycle of app pool in iis - nothing helps.

I have also tried emptying the Recycle Bin without any luck.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on and how to fix this?

The site seems to be running fine - but the warning concerns me :)

Thanks in advance!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 16, 2014 @ 10:31
    Sebastiaan Janssen

The obvious thing I can think about it that scheduled tasks run every minute, did you check umbracoSettings.config to see if there's enabled scheduled tasks.

Jan 16, 2014 @ 11:37
    Emil Christiansen

Hi Sebastiaan...

Hmmm, is it possible to disable scheduled tasks in general?

The only scheduled task which is enabled is the CMSImporter - i have commented this one out now but the warning is still beeing logged.

Jan 16, 2014 @ 12:59
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Commenting out is enough, make sure to recycle the app pool after that.

Jan 16, 2014 @ 13:49
    Emil Christiansen

All scheduled tasks are commented out - app pool recycled and site restartet - unfortunately no luck there, the warning is still all over the place :(

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 14:37
    Gerty Engrie

Same issue here. On 6.1.6 no scheduled tasks. 

Jan 17, 2014 @ 15:23
    Sebastiaan Janssen

CMSImport is probably running it's own scheduled tasks that might be giving you this warning.

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 15:28
    Gerty Engrie

Hi Sebastiaan, we're not using cmsimport on our website :-)

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 05, 2014 @ 16:51
    Dan Diplo

I'm seeing the same thing in a 6.1.6 site, too - the Trace Log is full of warnings:

"Couldn't find any page with nodeId=0. This is most likely caused by the page not being published" logged by Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultUrlProvider

I don't have any scheduled tasks, either, nor is CmsImport installed.

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 10:41
    Lars-Erik Aabech

I had this issue on a site just now.
    Dunno if it's related to you guys' problems, but it was due to an orphaned internal link in an RTE field.
    It pointed to a deleted document, but actually had empty content and a correct link before it, so it was a bit hard to spot. :)

For instance:

<p>RTE field with <a href="#">Orphaned link</a></p>

would log an entry that it can't find the URL to nodeId=1234.

I found it by querying for the node ID in the cmsPropertyData table

select * from cmspropertydata where datantext like '%1234%'

And of course, the reason it appears at regular intervals, and different intervals for each of us is that it's logged every time somebody opens a page where it's used. In our case, it was in the main layout of the site. :)

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Nov 13, 2015 @ 15:30
    Connie DeCinko

Now, using those results, how do I find the actual page with the orphaned link? I seem to not be able to determine what page name is contentNodeID 1234.

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Sep 17, 2014 @ 16:54
    keilo

Have you guys figured this out? I am too seeing quite a number of entries in TraceLog with same error message on a 6.2.1 installation.

I have a LOT of ids so I didnt really try Lars' approach to search for orphaned node ids, and hoping there is a more straightforward fix.

No schedulers, no CMSimport etc, Plain Vanilla install.

Would appreciate if you can share your findings!

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Sep 17, 2014 @ 18:37
    Martin Griffiths

Me too! v6.2.2

Also getting 99% cpu utilization periodically on the app_pool! arrggh!

Sep 17, 2014 @ 21:01
    Dan Diplo

Just a note - even if you don't have any scheduled tasks, Umbraco will run the scheduled publish "cron job" exactly every minute (this is what checks if you have any pages that have set the future publish date GetContentForRelease() on ContentService and publishes them). So if you have any log items that occur every minute it is likely to do with this.

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Sep 17, 2014 @ 21:04
    keilo

Hi Dan

Thanks for the pointer. It does make sense to have that running for scheduled publish.

However none of the users use that, and judging by the number of ids listed its unlikely thats causing that many entries in trace log with the nodeid not found err.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 21:29
    Mark Bowser

I am also experiencing hundreds of these logs

2014-10-18 04:36:41,126 [9] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Routing.DefaultUrlProvider - [Thread 96] Couldn't find any page with nodeId=-1. This is most likely caused by the page not being published.

Our site is periodically experiencing 100% CPU utilization and taking down the site. When the site goes down, we see this error:

2014-10-23 21:31:52,843 [10] ERROR umbraco.presentation.publishingService - [Thread 12] Error executing scheduled publishing
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The wait operation timed out.) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ConsumePreLoginHandshake(Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean& marsCapable)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean withFailover)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, Boolean withFailover)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, TimeoutTimer timeout)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.OpenSharedConnection()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.<Query>d__1c`1.MoveNext()
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.<PerformGetByQuery>d__24.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at umbraco.presentation.publishingService.CheckPublishing(Object sender)
    ClientConnectionId:16446269-6db8-4852-b58d-911242821f3b

I'm not certain that the 100% CPU utilization is a related to the mass warning logs, but the fact that martin griffiths posted previously that he had seen the logs and 99% CPU utilization, I thought that maybe there was a relationship. Does anyone have any insight?

This is an umbraco 7.1.4 site. Recycling the app pool solves the problem.

Thanks

Oct 25, 2014 @ 11:08
    Dan Diplo

Not sure if it is related, but there was a fix oin 7.1.6 and 6.2.3 for Umbraco using loads of memory - http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2014/10/2/umbraco-717-and-623-saving-you-loads-of-memory - maybe related?

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    May 19, 2015 @ 10:08
    Aileen

Did you ever find the cause of this? We're getting the same issues on an Umbraco 7.1.8 installation. We have a load balanced site running 2 Windows Server 2008 R2 boxes. Each server has 2 CPUs and 3GB of Ram.

Thanks, Aileen

• John Perryn 71 posts 182 karma points
    Feb 22, 2020 @ 06:58
    John Perryn

A bit late here maybe, but I found a deleted and unpublished node in the recycle bin with a contentNodeID corresponding to my logged error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft