• Claire Hewitt 32 posts 59 karma points
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 13:24
    Claire Hewitt

Rollback / reviewing

We use a simple workflow to manage content:

1. Writer creates content and send to publish
    2. Editor recieves notification, reviews content and publishes it
    My questions are as follows:
    1. As part of the reviewing process, we compare versions using the rollback function. What we would like to see is those elements of the new page that have changed compared to the old version. With new additions in green and content that has been deleted in red. In fact it works the other way round and shows you the content that would be added, if it is rolled back. This makes sense when rolling back but not when reviewing prior to publishing. Is there a) any way to have an additional, similar function to compare versions when reviewing or b) change the styling so that the green and red strikethrough are swapped round?
    2. Can the email notifications include the changes to the content, as can be seen in the rollback function, defaulting to the previously saved version?
    3. Is there a way to send an article back to the original writer, preferably with comments? In other words, decline to publish and have the Writer notified that this has happened?
    Many thanks
    Claire

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 13:43
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Clair,

I can answer on some your questions:

1. I think you have to compare both versions of the article manually, and than do some styling.
    2. You can do that with Umbraco Notification's system. http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-client/context-menus/notifications
    3. Yes, you can do that, just send node to the author(change authorship).

Thanks, Alex

• Claire Hewitt 32 posts 59 karma points
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 14:25
    Claire Hewitt

hi Alex

Thanks for your response, but i am not sure I entirely understand:

1. How do you change the styles used in the rollback function? I want to change the style that indicate changes, not change the styles of the articles themselves, if that makes sense?
    2. We have set up notifications already. What I want to do is have the email that we received highlight the changes that have been made in this version
    3. how do you send a node to the author?
    Many thanks
    Claire

• kometa 23 posts 76 karma points
    Feb 11, 2014 @ 12:49
    kometa

Hi there, 

I have the exact same questions as Claire. Could somebody advise please?

Thanks!

• Phill 115 posts 288 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:19
    Phill

Hi There,

I'm looking for same answer, specifically to question #2. In version 4.5 the notification email that was sent used to include the changes hilighted but after upgrading to 4.8 and now 6.1.6 the changes are no longer hilighted within the email. Seems like this issue has been around for a while now. Anyone out there have a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phill

• Phill 115 posts 288 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 21:43
    Phill

As an fyi I was able to resolve this issue by modifying the Umbraco 6.1.6 source code. The source will only hilight changes that are created with a TinyMCE datatype, around version 4.8 they switched from TinyMCE to TinyMCE3 but didn't change the check fo the datatype. Look for Notification.cs under umbraco.cms/businesslogic/workflow

I'm pretty sure this is fixed in Umbraco 6.2 which hopefully will be ready for release before too long.

Hope that helps anyone scratching their heads...

Phill

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft