Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aki 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 12:10
    Aki

Questions re. SEO - vs. 4 -

Hi forum

I have a question re. seo when the site is a multilanguage.

Is it still better to run each language on its own subdomain on the newer version or is it enough to run multilanguage on one domain?

And does running a multilanguage site on each own subdomain have any positive effect in seo?

thanks

aki

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 12:17
    dandrayne

I'd read this: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/understanding-root-domains-subdomains-vs-subfolders-microsites

It's apparently better to not use individual subdomains for language sites, and from my own experience I'd tend to agree with seomoz on this

Dan

• Aki 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 12:39
    Aki

Thanks for the link Dan.

Very interseting stuff though a bit technical stuff for me. Though I think I got the idea.

It seems that this is again a question that has no straight forward unswer....

thanks for sharing

Aki

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 12:42
    dandrayne

When it comes to SEO, there's 80% common sense and 20% snake oil.  I'd go for sub-folders.

Dan

• Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 13:15
    Kyle Skrinak

Google's golden rule on SEO: work backwards from your target audience on the content they want; don't game the system. There's little reward in that. Having said that, we have an 8-language site, excellent SEO results and zero gaming. The languages are in sub-folders.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft