Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jacob phillips 130 posts 372 karma points
    Mar 05, 2014 @ 06:01
    jacob phillips

can't login, /umbraco/login.aspx not found

Umbraco 4.9.1 on WINS 2008 R2

This one is really strange. I have a development site that was up and running fine for a few months. I made a couple of changes to some templates and .js files today and now when I try to login to Umbraco at /umbraco/login.aspx I get a page not found error.

I've verified in the web config that reserved directory is still:

I've checked the file system to make sure that /umbraco/login.aspx is still there.

The front-end of the site comes up fine.

This is a total head scratcher.

Next I tried installing a backup from the day before I made these changes.

Still, /umbraco/login.aspx not found.

I have no idea where to look or why this happen.

Mar 05, 2014 @ 06:14
    jacob phillips

One thing I should also mention is that I added some web methods for a web service in a .cs file in the AppCode folder. Once I started having this problem I removed.

Also, when I recycle the application pool, then try to load /umbraco/login.aspx, I always get this error once:

Server Error in '/' Application. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: virtualPath Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: virtualPath

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: virtualPath] System.Web.VirtualPath.Create(String virtualPath, VirtualPathOptions options) +9693361 System.Web.VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute(String virtualPath, String applicationPath) +43 Umbraco.Core.IO.IOHelper.ResolveUrl(String virtualPath) +83 Umbraco.Core.Configuration.GlobalSettings.IsReservedPathOrUrl(String url) +235 umbraco.GlobalSettings.IsReservedPathOrUrl(String url) +5 umbraco.presentation.requestModule.UmbracoRewrite(Object sender, EventArgs e) +889 umbraco.presentation.requestModule.Application_PostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41 System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18446

Then if I reload the page, it goes back to a page not found error.

I've also restarted the server and restarted the database server as well. Nothing.

• Ivan Saric 40 posts 89 karma points
    Apr 29, 2014 @ 13:24
    Ivan Saric

Hi Jacob,

did you find solution for this, I have the same problem?

Apr 29, 2014 @ 19:21
    jacob phillips

I'm usually pretty good about leaving myself notes, but on this one I did not. I either deleted the temporary asp.net files under the root directory: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16137457/asp-net-temporary-files-cleanup

or I just reinstalled the Umbraco instance, attached a backup, and moved copies of all my templates and media into their respective folder - indirectly "solving" the problem.

The other odd-ball thing that happened when I got these kind of errors was that the ~/config/applications.config file got wiped out (as in the file was still there, but it was just a blank document - everything erased inside.)

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft