Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Dahl Tollestrup 73 posts 52 karma points
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 09:19
    Anders Dahl Tollestrup

Second homepage dont update quickly

Hi

I have an rather old Umbraco installation based on 4.0.4.2. Until recently it use a single homepage structure, but as i'm testing new design layout I have created a secondary homepage structure (two root nodes in content) and configured the Managed Hostnames for both root nodes. They respond fine on each URL 

• Old (production) site is at www.berner-sennen.dk
    • New (test) site is at demo.berner-sennen.dk
    If I update content at the old production site, changes is visible just after publish on the frontend. But if I update content at the new test site and publish those changes they aren't visible at frontend. After a day or two the changes updates at the frontend
    A republish entire site don't fix this issue, and both templates (production and test) include an expires meta tag
    meta http-equiv="expires" content="0"
    Any hints about my issue? Or is the only solution to upgrade the latest version of Umbraco ?
    Kind regards
    Anders

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 10:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anders

I've seen this issue before when having 2 websites in the same instance on v4x solutions.

If I remember correctly you need to be logged into the website you're updating in order to see the changes right away.

So if you're logged into site A and make changes to site B site B does not update immediatley. However if you log into Umbraco using the domain of site B then it should update quickly if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft