Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christopher Waters 7 posts 38 karma points
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 22:36
    Christopher Waters

Is Umbraco Compatible with MVC 5?

Does anyone know if Umbraco is compatible with MVC 5? I've got an Umbraco 6.1.5 project that I'd be interested in upgrading to MVC 5, but I'm not sure if there are any MVC 4 dependencies in Umbraco that would cause breaking changes. Thought it would be a good idea to see if anyone else knew or had tried it before I go spend a day or two trying to upgrade without knowing whether or not it would work.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 23:15
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Christopher,

I don´t think that Umbraco is compatible with MVC 5 yet. From a blogpost when the version 7 was released egeek asked if the new Umbraco 7 supports MVC 5 and what you can see in Sebasitaans awser there is no timeframe yet, I know is this an older post. But when the newest Umbraco version don´t support MVC 5 yet. I think older version does either support this..

http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/11/21/umbraco-7.aspx#comment-5526

What you could  try was write Sebasitaan an email and hear if there are something new about Umbraco and MVC5 support. You can find his email here http://umbraco.com/about-us/team.aspx

Hope this can help you.

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 23:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

I'd just like to add that it's probably a better idea to ask the question out in the open on Twitter using the #umbraco hashtag instead. The HQ and other Umbraco wizards are pretty fast at responding.

Just my 2 cents :)

Cheers,
    Jan 

• marcelh 171 posts 471 karma points
    Mar 31, 2014 @ 13:05
    marcelh

I just ran into the same question here. Did you get an answer to your question, Christopher?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft